- Improving the environmental situation in Russia
- Prevention of environmental pollution
- Wastewater treatment, protection of natural resources
- Negative environmental situation in 15% of the Russian Federation, the environment is a danger to human life and health
- One of the sources of pollution — the waste of the aluminum industry, aluminum salt slag
- In Russia, the slag is not recyclable and stored in landfills, waste storage pose a serious threat to the population and natural resources
TASKS TO BE SOLVED:
- Recycling of all aluminum industry wastes stored at landfills, which pose a threat to the environment
- Creation of a completely waste-free cycle of production of aluminum sulfate-a profitable market product used for water purification
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Aluminum sulfate (Al2 (SO4) 3) is an inorganic salt that is in demand on the market and is a product of constant demand.
It is used as a coagulant for drinking water treatment in reservoirs, wastewater treatment, in the production of paper and pulp, in textile production.
Consumers: urban water utilities, thermal power plants, pulp and paper mills, textile production
The new technology of aluminum sulfate production involves the use of aluminum industry waste (salt aluminum slags) as raw materials instead of expensive aluminum hydroxide. The technology involves the separation of salt slag into components for their further use in economic activities.
- Separation of salt slag into components (washing); cooking of solid fraction with sulfuric acid;
- Alloy filtration;
- Crystallization of aluminum sulfate;
- Obtaining crystals of the salts sodium chloride and potassium chloride, at the expense of energy obtained in the production of aluminium sulphate.
- The cost of production of aluminum sulfate on the new technology is 2 times lower than the traditional technology in existing enterprises;
- The uniqueness of the technology in the use of cheap raw materials-waste aluminum industry, instead of expensive aluminum hydroxide, relatively low cost equipment;
- Easy operation and maintenance, quick organization and commissioning of the equipment;
- The product complies with all technical standards, does not require additional costs for crushing or granulation, dissolves quickly in water and is easily dosed, easily packed and stored, not caked;
- The technology makes it possible to completely recycle industrial waste and obtain a product that is in demand on the market.
New production technology aluminium sulphate assumes as raw materials use of aluminium production wastes (salt cake) instead of expensive aluminium hydroxide.
Aluminum sulfate is a product obtained during the processing of salt aluminum slag as a result of the interaction of aluminum hydroxide with sulfur.
It is used for water purification for drinking and industrial purposes, wastewater treatment, pulp and paper, leather and other industrial sectors.
- Russia currently produces more than 1 million tons of aluminum sulfate (aluminum sulphate) per year. The number of enterprises exceeded 25.
- In Europe, the production of aluminum sulfate exceeds 2 million tons per year at 59 plants. Of this amount, more than 50% is used for the production of paper and pulp, about 30% – for water purification, and the remainder for wastewater treatment and other technical purposes.
- The U.S. currently produces up to 1.4 million tons of aluminum sulfate per year.